How to Decide Where to Buy Your Next Sex Toy
May 26, 2021
There’s a lot to consider when you’re in the market for a new vibrator or other sex toy, as new options are hitting shelves every day. However, a good vibrator can last for years — especially when it’s well taken care of — so it’s not necessarily the kind of purchase the average person makes often. A lot can change about the toy market from one purchase to another, so, understandably, some people might find choosing difficult.
Deciding what to buy isn’t the only part of the process that’s daunting, either. With new sex shops popping up all the time, you also need to decide where to buy your next favorite toy. Here’s a look at a few things to consider while considering your options.
What are you looking for in your next sex toy?
First thing’s first. You’ve got to figure out what you’re looking for in your next vibrator, as getting what you really want is the most important thing. If you’re either replacing an older toy that’s gone kaput or adding to a growing collection, use your experience with your previous vibrator as a guide.
- What features did you love in your last toy? Which ones were unnecessary or not quite what you’d hoped they would be?
- How practical was the last vibrator you had? Did it last well, run reliably, and meet your expectations? Would you buy another toy from that same brand?
- Have your needs evolved or outright changed since the last time you bought a sex toy?
- What sensations or features are you curious about exploring but haven’t yet?
- Do you typically keep your toys all to yourself, or do you also use them with your partner(s)?
What does your preferred shopping experience look like?
There’s something to be said for buying your sex toys from a traditional brick-and-mortar store, but don’t feel bad if it’s not your thing. Many people prefer the discreet, convenient process of buying online instead, and it’s not hard to see why. Shopping online lets you browse, buy, and order any time and from anywhere. You can take your time perusing your options, and you never have to feel bashful or shy about seen in a physical sex shop.
If you decide to buy online, choose a vendor like FemmeFunn that takes key concepts like discretion, security, and customer service seriously and stands behind its products. You want to buy your toys from someone who cares about their customers and is serious about making sure their shopping experience is a positive one.
How is the reputation of the shop you’re considering?
Nothing leaves you quite as prepared for a shopping experience quite like the experiences of other customers like yourself. Reputation is essential anytime money will be changing hands. Remember, you’re counting on the merchant you choose to manage your information wisely and see that you’re satisfied with your purchase.
- What are people saying about the brand or merchant you’re considering? Look for options that are practically synonymous with concepts like value, precision, integrity, innovation, and good customer service.
- What is the merchant’s philosophy toward their product? Do they have a mission or vision that speaks to you and helps you feel good about buying from them?
- When customers weren’t satisfied with a purchase, how was the situation handled? Was the merchant responsive to their issue, and did they go out of their way to make it right?
- What’s their return policy like? Are their products covered by a warranty or satisfaction guarantee?
What’s the product selection like?
Naturally, you want to make sure the shop you’re considering carries the kind of toy you want. If there’s a specific option you’ve got your heart set on, definitely make sure they carry it, but a large selection of different toys, in general, is a big positive. Don’t settle for the same generic product catalogs you can find anywhere. Look for a manufacturer that’s dedicated to offering a superior pleasure experience you won’t get if you buy from anyone else.
It’s also nice to have a go-to shop you know you can count on for future purchases you’ll surely be happy with. You’ll know where to shop right from the get-go when it’s time to replace your vibrator next time. Plus, falling madly in love with the right sex toy shop is a great encouragement to expand your horizons a little bit. FemmeFunn, for instance, maintains a catalog with a collectible nature to it, so it’s easy to start or grow a collection you’ll love.
At the end of the day, it’s impossible to underestimate the benefits of having a sex toy vendor you truly trust with your personal pleasure, so it’s worth your while to find the right one. Get started today, and prepare to explore a wealth of new possibilities!